Tuesday

Summer's Eve


I get by with a little help from my friends.
- The Beatles


My friends are hilarious! Every one of them is always curious about my love life, so I dispensed my most recent story on them. The story was met with a number of responses:

~ What a DOUCHE!
~ Douche bag!
~ Such is the way of the duchenarian.
~ You don't have time for that type of douchebagery.
~ Leave Douchey McDouche for someone else.


As you see, there is a common theme. However, an Australian friend stated that he was unfamiliar with the term, and one of the senders of the above said she didn't know what the literal definition was either. I'm a little shocked that this word is so frequently used in North American culture, but not everyone actually knows what it means. So, today's question is (I can't believe I'm actually writing about this... where is quality control?!): what is a douche bag?

A:

Okay, let me start off with how I explained it to my young Strayan friend.


Douche Bag: Colloquially, it is interchangeable with the word 'Jerk', 'dirt bag', etc.
Douche Bag: Literally, it's a device used to internally cleanse a vagina. Similar to an enema, but for lady-bits.



Let's see if I did a good job.


The Online Slang Dictionary defines it as:
1. A derogatory term, used most often to describe males; "jerk"

2. An excessively self-obsessed person, usually male.

3. A person who intentionally acts like a jerk to appear cool or to show off.

According to Dictionary.com, a douche bag is:


A small syringe having detachable nozzles for fluid injections, used chiefly for vaginal lavage and for enemas.

So, my explanation was pretty accurate! I don't know if I should be proud or a little embarrassed. (?)

PS. The name of this blog post is not a random one, it is in reference to a well known brand of douche - look it up.


*A special thank you to Bearded Eric of Eric Makes Masks for giving me permission to use his photo, and for the record, is definitely NOT a douche.

No comments:

Post a Comment