Monday

CMW

March 13, 2010

My sincerist apologies to my regular readers, I have fallen far behind on my regular blogging, but I can assure you that I will be picking it up again! Thankfully, I have kept track of most of my past exploits and can still ask a relevant question to the events of the day!

Back in March, a couple of friends of mine were participating in Canadian Music Week. Both Andrea Ramolo and Diana Catherine and the Thrusty Tweeters played on consecutive nights to eager audiences. I have attended some CMW in previous years and enjoy hearing local talent. So, today’s question is: when did Canadian Music Week Begin?

A:
Canadian Music Week is not just a showcase of Canadian music, it also is a conference for musicians and musical professionals held in various venues throughout Toronto.

Canadian Music Week began in 1981, and has grown to become one of Canada’s largest and most influential media and music conferences. It draws top industry professionals to participate in a four-day program of activities. Designed to stimulate the exchange of market intelligence, increase dialogue and provide networking opportunities, Canadian Music Week continues to present the ideal platform for more than 2,000 national and international delegates.

Source:
Canadian Music Week

No comments:

Post a Comment